The game HUD is the most important object in the game, and without it you cannot interact with other objects or perform tasks and missions.
It controls the player stats: Hunger, Thirst, Energy, Health, and Comfort. It also have options to control how you want to play (game difficult level), information about all stats and points remaining to level up, and allow leveling up a skill when you have enough points.
The stats have a huge impact in the game play, they are measured in points and can vary for each race.
- Hunger: starts at 0 and increase 1 point every 5 minutes. Humans have a maximum of 100 points. Hunger is recovered eating food that affect Hunger stat. Some actions and interactions with objects can also increase Hunger.
- Thirst: starts at 0 and increase 1 point every 5 minutes. Humans have a maximum of 100 points. Thirst is recovered with drinks that affect Thirst stat. Some actions and interactions with objects can also increase Thirst.
- Energy: starts at 100 for humans, and drop 1 point every 10 minutes. Also energy is dropped by actions and interaction with game objects. Energy can be restored sleeping in a TESS-GEN bed or with food, drinks, and medicine that increase energy. When Hunger or Thirst is above 75% percent, the Energy drop rate starts to increase. The higher Hunger or Thirst is above 75%, the higher will be the rate. Energy is required to perform actions. Without energy you can't interact with most game objects.
- Health: starts at 100 for humans. Health don't drop over time like other stats, but is affect by the level of the other stats, as well results of actions, and diseases. Some game objects will allow interaction only if you are above a certain percentage of Health.
- Comfort: this stat is the most complex one in the game. It is affected by the Weather System. You need to wear temperature-appropriate clothing for the land you are, and/or carry food, drinks, and medicine that help mitigate the effects of the weather. If Comfort drops below 25%, it starts to affect Energy, and Health starts to be affected when Comfort drops below 15%. Weather have a lower rate when game is played in Easy Mode.
Game Difficult Levels
The game has two difficult levels of play:
- Normal: player need to take care of all stats, including Comfort, that reacts as explained in Weather System section. Activities like cooking recipes, fixing units, performing missions, gives variable experience. Hunger, Thirst and Energy changes over time and are also affected by actions.
- Easy: in this level Comfort decay much slower than the Normal mode when player is affected by the Weather System. Also Hunger, Thirst and Energy will decay slower. Actions, no matter the source, will gives only 1XP. Diseases are active in Easy mode as they are in Normal mode, and will affect all other stats.
Important: the game items, like plants, seeds, and farming animals, will react to Weather System no matter the level the player choose to play. For them is always Normal mode. Hunting animals and bosses will not work if placed in wrong temperature (yes, you can't have a Sand Crawler in an artic zone, you will need a Ice Slug instead).